Saturday 4 October 2014

Poppy Field, Rag Rug Art

poppy field Rag Rug Art
 
One of my favourite projects this year and one of my first rag rug attempts. Rag Rugging or hooking is one of the most therapeutic crafts I have had a go at. Incredibly simple, once you have mastered
just one or two techniques you can start to make some beautiful pieces. As you use mainly scraps of fabric it's a great way of recycling and it means it's one of the cheaper crafts you can take up. This picture was made from mainly old pillow cases and pyjamas, although I did by the ribbons for the poppy heads. I love poppies and my inspiration comes from a gorgeous field that never fails to perform each year with the most fabulous display, high up on the South Downs in West Sussex.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you