Wednesday 29 October 2014

Top 5 Easy No Bake Halloween Treats

 I love Halloween! It's a great excuse to eat sweets and have fun, when else do we get the chance to dress up?! Every year we get together with our closest friends and have a little afternoon Halloween party. It won't be quite the same this year as sadly one of our friends passed away earlier in the year, but we are determined to keep up the tradition and I know she would want us to too. However there is one slight problem, my oven has finally given up the ghost and I need some easy no bake Halloween treats for this years party. After scouring the nets here are my top 5 favourites so far:

Number 1 - Vampire Dentures

Fabulously easy toothy treats from The Girl Who Ate Everything. If you buy the chocolate chip cookies, there is absolutely no cooking involved.

All you need is:
Chocolate chip cookies
Red icing (frosting)
Mini marsh-mallows
Slithers of Almonds (for the fangs!)

Apparently they originally won 2nd place by Lori Fillmore in the Nestle 2010 Spooktacular Baking Contest. Thanks for sharing this fab recipe, I may even cheat more and buy ready made icing!







banana ghosts no bake halloween bakesNumber 2 Ghosty Bananas and pumpkin oranges. Thanks Inga Elizondo for this one. I thought I had better put a healthy one up near the top of the chart. This one is simplicity itself. Bananas with chocolate chips, and peeled satsumas with celery stalks.









severed finger no bake halloween treats
Number 3 Finger Food
I nearly didn't pick this one but they are so gruesome I just had to. I wasn't going to pick them because a) I'm not over keen on frankfurters and b) my poor husband lost the ends of two fingers a few years ago and thought these were a bit near the knuckle! Ha ha no pun intended! All you need are frankfurters, ketchup and a little piece of onion for the nails.












no bake halloween treats cheese string brooms
Number 4 Cheese string brooms
Super cute cheese broom sticks. I couldn't find pretzel sticks here in the UK so used twiglets instead, taste yummy but produces stunted brooms, more like feather dusters really, but fun all the same. They are a little bit fiddly to tie with the chives, which is why I am using moms.popsugar.com  picture and not mine!

Number 5 Mini donut pretzel spiders
Another easy treat to assemble. I used the mini donuts from Tesco but any small ring donuts would do but they definitely work better with chocolate dipped ones. Once I had made one I left the children to make the others. We found it quite hard to get the smartest to stick but a tiny spot of icing holds them in place.













To see these and lots more no-bake Halloween treat ideas see my Pinterest board or to read more about why we enjoy Witches, Pumpkins and other Halloween Tat here



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you